Written By: Chelsey DeBalsi, Agency Marketing Manager for Digital Operative
We hosted our Magento Meetup Launch Party here in San Diego last Thursday, September 28th, 2017. The night was a success, full of fake Magento news, real Magento news, takeaways from shop.org, a live edition of MageTalk (a Magento podcast), and some authentic San Diegan Mexican food. And, a huge shout-out to our co-hosts, Magento and Zeeto, as well as our guest speakers from MageTalk – Phillip Jackson and Brian Lange of Something Digital and Kalen Jordan of Commerce Hero.
The night started with a game of “Magento News: Real or Fake?” by Adam Levenson of Digital Operative… which is a DO original spin-off of the icebreaker, “Two Truths and a Lie.” To give you a little taste, here was the first challenge:
Which is fake?
- Forrester names Magento B2B a leader for its all-in-one cloud solution with a full set of B2B and B2C functionality. It was listed as the “best fit for mid-sized B2B companies that want an open, feature-rich solution that can be extended easily and inexpensively.”
- Magento announces Imagine 2018 keynote speaker will be actor Ian McKellen. Well known for his role as Magneto in the x-men films, Ian joined the community in 2017 via Twitter after repeatedly being included in conversations due to misspellings.
- Using over 1000 images posted on social media, Magento created a giant mosaic of their logo. Magento CEO Mark Lavelle announced that 100 limited edition prints of this image would be auctioned off to benefit the non-profit Women Who Code.
Next, we heard from Claire Condra, Head of Merchant Documentation at Magento, who gave us the inside scoop on the latest REAL Magento news, including an update on Magento Commerce 2.2.0 which launched just last week. Among other features, here are some of the highlights included in the new release:
- B2B functionality: allows companies to create and maintain their own accounts made up of teams of buyers with various roles and permissions.
- Magento Commerce Starter: the new, smaller, platform-as-a-service version of Magento Cloud (Commerce).
- Improvements to the Magento Commerce (Cloud) deployment process.
- Bundled extensions: the first third-party extension bundle, Magento Social, which establishes a connection between a store and a corporate Facebook account.
- Integration with Signifyd fraud protection.
And finally, the night wrapped up with a live edition of MageTalk (a Magento podcast), hosted by Phillip Jackson and Brian Lange of Something Digital and Kalen Jordan of Commerce Hero. They covered everything from shop.org, to Magento 2.2.0. Check out some episodes of MageTalk here!
Click here to RSVP for our next San Diego Magento Meetup, scheduled for November 14th, 2017 at 7 PM.
About the Hosts
Digital Operative: Digital Operative is an award-winning, full-service digital agency where transformative digital marketing meets creative commerce. We understand that today’s “anywhere customer” browses, compares, and buys across many channels. That’s why our offering is fully integrated to cover Brand Strategy, User Experience (UX), Visual Design, Digital Marketing, Analytics, and Development. We work with our clients to build better relationships with their customers at the intersection of commerce, content, and community, and our mission is to deliver cross-channel customer experiences that grow awareness, engagement, and revenue. For more information, please visit digitaloperative.com.
Magento: Magento Commerce is the leading provider of cloud commerce innovation to merchants and brands across B2C and B2B industries, with more than $124 billion in gross merchandise volume transacted on the platform annually. In addition to its flagship digital commerce platform, Magento Commerce boasts a strong portfolio of cloud-based omnichannel solutions that empower merchants to successfully integrate digital and physical shopping experiences. Magento Commerce is the #1 provider to the Internet Retailer Top 1000, the B2B 300 and the Top 500 Guides for Europe and Latin America. Magento Commerce is supported by a vast global network of solution and technology partners, a highly active global developer community and the largest ecommerce marketplace for extensions available for download on the Magento Marketplace. More information can be found at www.magento.com.
Zeeto: Zeeto is a SaaS company that offers clients a specialized, proprietary ad platform to power their visitor sign-up process and monetize the registration flow. Using cutting-edge technology, custom in-house analytics and optimization algorithms, the product delivers a dynamic user experience, giving clients the highest quality inventory. These algorithms determine the right questions to ask, at the right time, and analyze responses in order to show the most relevant advertisements possible, while improving the user experience. Participating clients also have access to the Zeeto Ad Exchange, giving them extensive inventory to choose from at their discretion. Learn more at https://zeeto.io/.
More from the
Using CRO & Personalization to Sell More Stuff in 2018
Strategy & Planning / March 15, 2018View Blog Post
This is a Post to Test Styles!
Design / March 8, 2018View Blog Post
White Paper: Using Design Trends to Create a UX Advantage in...
User Experience / December 14, 2017View Blog Post
Digital Operative Launches New York Office
News & Press / November 28, 2017View Blog Post