DevelopersLet’s be honest, devs are either the easiest or the hardest people to shop for. Gifts can usually go one of two ways, they either think it’s the coolest thing since sliced bread… ooh, bread mmm… or pfft it’s so last month. Don’t worry we’ve got you covered and if the gift is a total fail, don’t worry, we’ll take the fall but we don’t think it’ll come to that. So without further ado, here are our top 3 gifts for developers:
- Developers are constantly switching from screen to device back to another screen. Help keep their desk in working order with DeviceLab, it’s the perfect solution for devs who are constantly testing responsive sites all at once. DeviceLab keeps your desk clean and tidy as you test multiple devices in a single place.
- WD My Passport Wireless
- What do you think a developer’s biggest nightmare is? Losing all of their work, obviously. Put those fears to rest with WD My Passport Wireless portable hard drive. Having a reliable backup in the first commandment in development and having a wireless option makes the process a whole lot easier and more convenient.
- Website Deck of Cards
- Come on people, developers like games, they’re still people! Okay so these UX cards aren’t all fun and games, they’ll actually help you map out a sites infrastructure off of the screen. The UX KITS deck is made up of 53 cards carrying common UI’s of websites or apps. Bonus they’re an attractive presentation tool for devs to showcase their designs to clients. Well aren’t you fancy!
MarketersWhere my marketers at?! Shopping for our fellow marketer this time of year is no easy task. We usually live and breath our industry and like to think of ourselves as connoisseurs of emerging trends. With that said we’ve gone out on a limb and pulled what we consider the top 3 picks for our marketing friends.
Ann Handley’s Everybody Writes
- Because marketers read… a lot. Content creation continues to be on the rise of marketers to do list for 2017 so why not get them the book that will give them a jump on the new year? Ann Handley’s Everybody Writes will be a content marketers go to in the coming year. Give them a head start with the perfect book.
Livescribe Notebook by Moleskine
- Every marketers heard of Moleskine and many of us have a desk drawer or bookshelf full of them. Kick your field notes up a notch with a new notebook, designed for Livescribe smartpens and the Livescribe+ app. Each page contains a dot pattern that makes handwritten notes appear in digital form with speed and accuracy. Now we can have the best of both worlds and keep our love for hand written note taking alive.
Facebook Like and Dislike Stamps
- Ahh, finally! It’s a social media lovers dream come true. Let your favorite marketer put their stamp of approval… or disapproval all over everything with the coolest gift ever. Note the Facebook Like and Dislike Stamps could forever change office interaction. Purchase at your own peril.
DesignersAhh the designers, the creative bunch. Usually eyeballs deep in stunning 4K graphics and coffee, lots of hipster coffee. What do you get the creative person in your life? They can be a little tricky to shop for, but not to worry. We’ve surveyed a few of our designers and chosen our top 3 gifts for digital designers.
- Wish your illustrations would just seamlessly move from paper to computer? Say no more, The Slate is here to make your day! Use your own paper and pencil, when paper is placed on top of The Slate and The Magnet is placed around your pencil 32 sensors detect your every move and transcribes it accurately onto your tablet. Oh the possibilities!
- 3D printing at your desk? Okay! Bonus- you don’t need all of that fancy equipment when you have the 3Doodler 2.0. It’s a 3D pen that brings your drawings to life. The 2.0 is the updated version of the world’s first 3D pen. It’s easy to use and requires no knowledge of photoshop.
Just My Type by Simon Garfield
- A modern classic that any graphic designer would love to have on their desk. Just My Type isn’t just a practical guide of typesetting, but a cultural history who enjoy all things font related. It’s a real visual joy for all graphic designers.
StrategistsOh the strategists, typically the researchers of the bunch and probably the hardest to shop for on our digital agency list. They’re a group of people who are always behind their computer screens, constantly reading and always ready to rattle off some fun fact or another. So what do you get someone who knows a little bit about everything? Here are our top 3 choices.
- Since they typically only venture away from their desk for 3 things- the restroom, food and coffee. Why not make their life a little easier with a beverage warmer. Keep their mug warm for hours on end while they sift through their next deep dive on consumer behavior in relation to New Year’s resolutions.
Noise Canceling Headphones
- If they don’t already have a pair, this is probably one of the most coveted gifts on an agency strategist’s list. Concentration is the name of the game when you’re running the strategy department a pair of noise canceling headphones is what’s going to get you to the finish line. CNET has a great list of their top picks for 2016, check it out here.
Music Streaming Subscription
- When your job consists in burying yourself under a mountain of research documents it’s really important you get yourself in the right frame of mind. Music can really help with this. So this year get your favorite strategist a monthly subscription to their favorite streaming platform. Trust us, they’ll love it!
Project ManagersProject Managers can go one of two ways, they’re either the most outwardly organized people you know or they’re living in a world of organized chaos. What we know for sure is that choosing the perfect gift for the PM type can be tricky. Check out the the top 3 gifts we came across, perfect for a project manager.
Adult Coloring Book: Stress Relieving Patterns
- Bing a PM is no easy task, you’ve got a million and one things happening at once and if that wasn’t enough on your plate it’s the end of the year and clients are in a frenzy. Time to destress with an adult coloring book, filled with stress relieving patterns. The adult coloring book was a hot ticket item and it’s back again this holiday season for another run. Go ahead, give it a go. Your PM will thank you.
- Because you never know when the moment will strike. There are a number of reasons to raise a flask- you’ve finally launched that impossible website, clients crushed their ecommerce goals over night or all hell's breaking loose. Everything looks a little better with a monogrammed flask in your PM’s hand.
A Team Lunch
- Project managers are notorious for sitting at their desks all day. Since they’re constantly grinding, organize a team lunch so that they’re forced away from their desk. It’ll probably take a little coaxing, but once you’ve got em out it’ll probably be hard to get them back to work. Just kidding!
More from the
Using CRO & Personalization to Sell More Stuff in 2018
Strategy & Planning / March 15, 2018View Blog Post
This is a Post to Test Styles!
Design / March 8, 2018View Blog Post
White Paper: Using Design Trends to Create a UX Advantage in...
User Experience / December 14, 2017View Blog Post
Digital Operative Launches New York Office
News & Press / November 28, 2017View Blog Post