For the past 12 weeks had the incredible opportunity of being the Digital Marketing Intern for Digital Operative. I got to work with Nikki and Alvaro who head the marketing team at here at DO. I was able to learn and contribute to the team on various projects throughout the duration of my internship.Good Luck Seth - We're rooting for you in your new digital endeavors.
1. How would you define Digital Marketing? and how was your role crucial to the success of the Agency?I would define Digital Marketing as the reach and connection to an audience through digital platforms. My role was crucial in the sense that I researched and curated original content for clients to help reach their audience through authenticity.
2. Who were your mentors at DO and How did you like working with them?Alvaro and Nikki were my mentors and I couldn't have asked for anyone better. They were both helpful in giving me direction but at the same time gave me the freedom to put my own touch in the projects, which was really refreshing.
3. What did you learn from your internship?I learned how to implement SEO in PPC campaigns. I also was exposed to Google Adwords and Google Analytics and why they are so important in the world of Digital Marketing.
4. You're finished......How do you feel about completing your internship?I enjoyed my internship at DO so much! I feel like I am definitely leaving more prepared than when I first came to Digital Operative!
5. Do you still want to go down the same career path after you graduate? Why/Why not?I love advertising! It doesn't matter if it’s with a small, medium or big agency, I just really love the work this industry does along with the culture that comes with it.
6. What was your favorite part about working with DO?The people by far! I just want to give a big shutout to BJ, Alvaro, Nikki, Mandy, Barbie, Thiago, Brad, Even, Greco, Jessica, Casey, Steven, Eric, Shannon and the interns I worked with! And everyone else at DO! The people here are definitely the reason to this agency’s success and I am looking forward to seeing what this agency is capable of as it continues to grow.
7. Would you recommend the internship program to your classmates?Absolutely! This is a great place to intern, the people are awesome and you will most certainly learn a thing or two.
8. What were a few of your favorite memories while interning for DO?Some of my favorite memories were torturing the elf on the shelf. The conversations between the marketing team and Greco. But really, My favorite memory is a toss up between the holiday Christmas party and the epic nerf gun battles that happen at an undisclosed location aka the office. Thanks for the memories DO!
More from the
Using CRO & Personalization to Sell More Stuf...
Strategy & Planning / March 15, 2018View Blog Post
This is a Post to Test Styles!
Design / March 8, 2018View Blog Post
White Paper: Using Design Trends to Create a UX Ad...
User Experience / December 14, 2017View Blog Post
Digital Operative Launches New York Office
News & Press / November 28, 2017View Blog Post