Since 2010, among the 51 largest U.S. cities, 43 have hosted a Bike to Work Day. And since 1956, every May the League of American Bicyclists sponsor a coast to coast event where they promote the countless benefits of biking. Whether you are riding to school, work or to the grocery store, the League of American Bicyclists encourage everyone to bike and understand the health, environmental and communal benefits of biking.
Who Organizes It?
The League of American Bicyclists aka The League represent bicyclists in the movement to create safer roads, stronger communities and a more bicycle-friendly America. Read more about The League here.
How Can You Get Involved?
- Plan a Bike Month event!
- Bike to work on Friday, May 30! (San Diego's May 16 date postponed due to wildfires)
- Then share your trip with your coworkers, Facebook friends, and Twitter and Instagram followers.
- Make cool signs like these:
Why Should you Get Involved?
- The League provides you with the necessary resources to plan your desired Bike Month event. Find out more about planning your event here.
- Some resources include promotional materials like posters, web banners and social media promotion.
- There is a National Bike Challenge! The League aims to surpass last year’s rider total of 30,000 (19 million miles) with a whopping 50,000 riders (30 million miles) in 2014.
- You’ll save gas and reduce your carbon footprint.
- You can bike with your coworkers, family and friends. Or even make new friends!
- You will contribute to The League’s vision where everyone recognizes and enjoys the many benefits and opportunities of biking.
More from the
Using CRO & Personalization to Sell More Stuf...
Strategy & Planning / March 15, 2018View Blog Post
This is a Post to Test Styles!
Design / March 8, 2018View Blog Post
White Paper: Using Design Trends to Create a UX Ad...
User Experience / December 14, 2017View Blog Post
Digital Operative Launches New York Office
News & Press / November 28, 2017View Blog Post